Starting from 2005 Kuban SAU has begun active development of the Volunteer Movement in the Kuban Region in different directions, testing and introducing different technologies and principles of educational work with social orientation. During 2009/10 academic year the main directions of volunteering were formed and traditional activities within these areas were established at the university. The main ones are:
- social patrolling of orphanage houses(a boarding school for children at Timashevsk, an orphanage house at v. Velikovechnoe), collection of material assistance, landscaping, rabbit farm foundation, organization of charitable concerts and campaigns;
- social patronage of the elderly, veterans of the GPW and labor (patronage of veterans families, charity campaigns, concerts, care of the veterans graves, care of the Monument to the Unknown Soldier);
- municipal management (assistance in organizing and conducting activities of the legislative and executive authorities of Krasnodar Krai) - functioning of "Manager School ", " Youth Model of UNO ", the work of volunteer groups to support delegations as part of the major cultural events on municipal, regional and international levels (meeting , hotel check-ins , escort to the venue, seating guests in the hall). Arrangement of French Forum among the higher educational institutions organized by the Ministry of Agriculture, arrangement of scientific seminars and conferences on the regional, national and international levels , arrangement of Vladimir V. Putin’s meeting at the Kuban State Agrarian University;
- intellectual and informational development of the youth (club "What, Where, When?”, youth association "Council of Young Scientists", publications of scientific journals and magazines, "Journalists Club", "Contest of Orators”, seminars on Russian and foreign languages and interacademic conferences);
- promotion of healthy lifestyle (annual Spartakiade between students and university staff, participation in the regional Universiade, meetings with the clergy on marriage and family problems, "Antinarko", "Anti-AIDS", "Affects Me - Affects Everyone" campaigns;
- creative development (annual regional competition " Kuban Students’ Spring", KVN movement ("Men's Team" and "The Team of Good "), creative communities of youth association "Synthesis", vocal-instrumental ensemble "Aelita" which consists of the university teachers, an annual faculties’ arts festival "Our talents";
- ideological and moral education (pedagogical support, annual week of Slavic script, club "Russian Word" club "Svetoch");
- environmental protection (volunteers’ participation in elimination of ecological disaster consequences in the area of sand-bank Tuzla, environmental campaigns "Funeral of a Cigarette", "Rostok" (urban greening campaign), etc.
- labor assistance (clean-up events, voluntary squad, fire brigade, student construction teams, "Finding wild grapes" campaign, ethnographic festival "Ataman");
- charity campaigns on collecting donations (campaign for orphanages, the elimination of environmental disasters).
Students and teachers of the Kuban State Agrarian University during years of organizing various activities of the volunteer movement in the Kuban Region gained sufficient experience in arranging and conducting all kinds of international educational projects, festivals and forums. That allowed them to generate sufficient capacity for effective communication in the framework of the Olympic Games in Sochi.